The Manchester Central Mosque (also known as the Islamic Cultural Centre) is a mosque in Manchester, England. It was designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd, completed in 1978, and has a prominent golden dome. The main hall can hold over five thousand worshippers, with women praying on a balcony overlooking the hall. The mosque holds a chandelier and a vast carpet, with very little furniture.
The inside of the dome is decorated with broken shapes in the Islamic tradition. There is also a small book shop and halal café on the premises. The Mosque is joined to the Islamic cultural centre which was officially opened by King George VI in 1944. The land was donated by King George VI to the Muslim community of Britain in return for the donation of land in Cairo by King Farouk of Egypt and Sudan on which to build an Anglican cathedral.